Wow – 20 years already. Looking back on my career, a big lesson I learned at a very young age was not waiting for people to help me on my way. I learned that if you wait for people to do things you may just wait your whole life and as I have grown I have realized just how precious time is: “Time waits for no man.”
I’ve picked up some wonderful gold nuggets in my journey as an Artist and Voice Coach and I am so grateful for all the experiences I have had in my 20 years.
Here are 10 Gold Nuggets I have learned…
- Your heart hears but your GUT knows, it’s your Compass, so listen to it!
- Don’t wait for the right time or the right team, You are the creator of your own destiny, no one else is going to make it happen for you so YOU make it happen for you.
- Surround yourself with people who light up your life.
- Dream Big! Because your dreams are your power!
- This one I get from my Dad. When in doubt, chuck it out!
- You are only as good and you believe you are. Our bodies hear every thought, so be kind to yourself.
- Rome wasn’t built in a day and a good solid foundation is key to a successful life.
- If you believe you can or you believe you can’t you are Right! – Henry Ford
- Be present…. My hubby always says “Make moments matter because life doesn’t have a rewind button.”
- Quality over quantity always.
Remember to always stay true to you. Everyone always knows what’s best for you and what you should do with your life, but there is no one more qualified than YOU to decide for what you want, so go forth and conquer. Remember that life is a gift and you have a voice, so use it for good!
Looking for Artist Mentorship from A Singer and Vocal Coach?
Mia is your girl! Book a session here! If you’d like to know more, check out our highlights on Instagram, send us a DM, or reach out via email!